Cauliflower wings are all the rage, with good reason!  I. Am. Addicted.  I had just bought an air fryer and instant pot combo at the recommendation of a friend… and I am hooked!  I have had a love for my crockpot for many years, but that is something you have to plan for and cook.  You know what you’re making ahead of time and plan accordingly with throwing everything in the pot to cook all day and coming home from work to a deliciously made meal.  But what about when you want something on the fly and quick?  Enter the air fryer and instant pot.  We have played around with different flavours and have found a favourite, but the great thing is, its so customizable to your taste buds.

When my husband went plant based 12 years ago, (I was already plant based) the biggest thing he missed was some BBQ sauce and other sauces.  So I started making many different stir fry’s with BBQ sauce and other flavours he loved… happy camper he was.  And that is what I hear most often from clients when going plant based, its all about the sauce and seasonings.  So try whatever you like.  Here is our favourite.  I had also eaten 5 heads of cauliflower all to myself in 7 days, when I first tried these… they are that good!

Cauliflower Wings

  • 1 Head Cauliflower
  • 2.5 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup BBQ Sauce (my favourite is Heins “Kansas” sweet and smoky)
  • (or half cup of your favourite sauce or prepared spice package)
  1. Wash and prep Cauliflower into bite sized florets.
  2. Put cauliflower in the air fryer at 400F for 13 minutes.
  3. Take out cauliflower and mix in the large bowl with ketchup and BBQ sauce (or your favourite sauces or spices)
  4. Put cauliflower back in the air fryer at 400F for 12 minutes.
  5. Boom, done thats it, now enjoy this goodness.

 

When you’re transitioning to more plant based meals, don’t focus on anything negative.  Like “oh that sauce has this and that ingredient which is bad.  Focus on eating more plant foods, that is what your body needs, and get it in the way that works best for you!  I eat 95% plant based whole foods,  the other 5% is  sauces LOL  I love me some Catalina dressing on my salad, ketchup on sweet potato fries and cauliflower wings along with BBQ sauce… who cares!  Don’t dwell on anything negative or ingredient checking for sauces when you’re transitioning.  Just get in the plant flood, you have to start somewhere.  And treat yourself once in a while!

 

Because you’re worth it.

Jackie