Do You Love a Healthy No Bake Snack
Healthy no bake snacks is one of my favourite things to make.
These little beauties travel well, freeze well, and taste great! When coming up with this recipe, I wanted a real, raw and quick nutritious snack that reminded me of carrot cake… without the icing, which I cannot remember when the last time I had a piece of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, but this recipe satisfies my taste buds. And what it really comes down to is the spices. Add a good spice to it, that is your favourite flavour, and you cannot go wrong. I have found a great apple pie spice without all the junky ingredients and its a blend I use in a lot of my snack recipes. (my friend sells Epicure and she’s the best at funny cooking videos ) Also try pumpkin pie if you like that flavour too, or you can just play with your own blend of cinnamon, nutmeg and all spice.
In many of my snack recipes I add a superfood, and this one is no different. Since this snack is orange, why not add a healthy dose of Turmeric? Turmeric has been hailed to act as an antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and an antioxidant powerhouse, among other benefits. So don’t be afraid to add more if you like the flavour (which is very mild)
Carrot Cake Bliss Ball
- 1 Cup G-Free Oats
- 1 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Ground Turmeric
- 1.5 Tsp Apple Pie Spice
- 1.5 Cups Grated Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Soaked/Rinsed/Pitted Medjool Dates (8-10) (soak dates 6 hours or overnight)
- 1 Tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
- Shredded Coconut for rolling (optional)
- Mix all the dry ingredients (except shredded coconut) in a food processor, until well combined and in tiny pieces.
- Add the Grated Carrots, Dates, Coconut oil.
- Process again, until all ingredients are mixed well and a ball starts to form.
- Form small balls by rolling in your hands, if you feel like they are too ‘wet’
- Roll balls in a bowl of shredded coconut to coat, if using.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Freeze for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
I always make this batch and keep it in the freezer for quick grab and go snacks. I will freeze them as soon as I make them, then I can take a bag with me when I travel for the weekend. Or if i’m going away for a week or more, I will make a batch the day before I leave and keep in the refrigerator and then take with me and freeze when I arrive. There is something so delicious about frozen dates, they don’t completely freeze, so they end up tasting like caramel. Delicious!
I hope you will try these, and eat whenever you have a craving for a sweet unhealthy snack, these help to cut those cravings and nourish your body with healthy and healing ingredients.
Because you’re worth it.